How do I become a Paraeducator?
All Paraeducators in Puyallup School District must be at least eighteen years of age and hold a high school diploma or its equivalent (PROVIDE PROOF with ETS) by uploading a copy to your application.
In additional, a paraeducator must meet one of the following:
- Have received a qualifying score on the Education Testing Service (ETS) paraeducator assessment (resources to help you prepare for the ETS ParaPro)
- Have received a qualifying score (official results required score 65% or higher) on the Master Teacher Inc. Paraeducator Online Training program.
- Hold an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Have earned 72 quarter credits or 48-semester credits at the 100 level or higher at an accredited college or university.
- Have completed an apprenticeship as a paraeducator in a program registered with the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council
To take the ETS paraeducator assessment, you may either register for the ETS test offered through Puyallup School District or locate a ParaPro Assessment test center near you.
To order a copy of a transcript, you can use this link: Parchment.
For additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org