The library program supports students in meeting the academic demands of school while also contributing cultural and literary richness to the school experience.
We are committed to a well-rounded library program that ensures all students are college and career ready by:
- Having clear statements of high academic standards for student performance.
- Identifying essential standards that guide curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Implementing instructional practices and lesson design that support the learning of all students.
- Integrating technology effectively to support student learning,
- Creating a learning environment that provides access, equity, and embraces diversity.
- Promoting a learning environment that honors and upholds literary ethics.
The Puyallup School District is committed to the academic success of each student by preparing them for career and life goals.
The Changing Role of the Teacher-Librarian
In a world with rapidly developing technologies and ever-increasing amounts of information available, it is essential that students become critical consumers and producers of information.
- Students must successfully evaluate and analyze the credibility, relevancy, and currency of information.
- Students need to use emerging technologies in ways that are productive as well as safe, ethical, and responsible.
- As information managers, the Teacher-Librarian not only guides students to sound literature, but also provides ongoing instruction and assistance with critical information skills.