Skip To Main Content

Desktop Search Container

Our Schools


Sticky Right Buttons

Landing Nav


Home-Based Instruction Running Start


Home-based instruction students wishing to enroll in the Running Start Program will do so through the district office (Educational Service Center--ESC). A Declaration of Intent must be on file for the current school year and the student must be of junior or senior status. This will be determined from the grade declared when first enrolled in the district or home school program. If you do not declare a grade for your student, their grade will be assigned by the district based on your student’s age. Their grade will increase by one grade each year until your child reaches the end of their 12th grade. At this time they will be considered graduated and no longer eligible for the Running Start Program. 

How Do Home-Based Instruction Students Earn a Diploma?

Home-based instruction students in Running Start may request a high school diploma through the college where they enroll for Running Start. For information on college-issued high school diplomas and criteria, please contact the college where your student is planning to enroll.

For Running Start information and forms, click on the logo below.

PSD Running Start Logo