Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Strategic Engagement
The Office of DEI and Strategic Engagement builds off Washington's Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) mission and vision to:
- Ensure educational equity so all students have access to the learning and resources they need to pursue post-secondary opportunities
- Focus on the whole child and respect for individual differences allowing students to thrive as their authentic self
- Create schools that are safe, inclusive, and welcoming, and that foster a sense of belonging for each student
- Partner with our diverse communities to ensure that the voices of students and families are part of the ongoing dialogue regarding school improvement
- Support the resolution of conflicts, complaints, and concerns with district policies and procedures.
Our office also serves to support compliance and resolution for concerns related to Civil Rights, student discipline, 504/ADA, Title IX, HIB (harassment, intimidation, and bullying), and nondiscrimination.