School Closures and Delays
The following is an explanation of district announcements used during inclement weather or other emergency situations. You can find Limited Transportation Routes that may be used during inclement weather here.
Closed or Schools Closed: No schools are in session in the Puyallup School District. This applies only to the day that the announcement is made. There is no out-of-district transportation. The district will communicate whether or not after-school and evening activities will be held.
Two-Hour Late Start:
Monday - All Grades
Elementary, junior high, high school, Options, Gateway, and Advance students will start school one hour later than their regular Monday late start bell schedules. Lunches will be served. Students will be dismissed at their normal Monday release times. Extended day preschool and a.m. Summit will not be held.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday - All Grades In the event of a weather-related or other two-hour late start on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, bus pick-up schedules will be two hours late, and buses will try to operate on all normal routes. Classes will dismiss at the normal time unless otherwise announced.
Adverse weather conditions may lead to all schools and buses in the Puyallup School District starting two hours late. In this case, the following can be expected:
- There will be no morning (a.m.) or extended day preschool;
- Afternoon (p.m.) preschool will begin and end school on regular time;
- There will be no morning (a.m.) Summit at Sparks Stadium;
- Elementary band and orchestra will be canceled;
- There will be no out-of-district transportation;
- Right At School daycare also will run two hours late;
- Lunches WILL BE served throughout the district.
Puyallup Digital Learning
1 or 2-Hour Delay
- All classes will meet at 9 a.m. via Microsoft Teams.
- No in-person classes; only virtual.
- No early release on Friday; will operate on a full-day schedule.
If School is Cancelled That Day..
- No Classes